Saturday, November 2, 2013

I love my son's primary school!  I am happy to say that our school received a grant from Whole Foods and now there is a salad bar option for the kids.  I think this is a great way to give healthy options to our little ones!  Also, our school is creating a vegetable garden.  The goal is to one day harvest and serve the kids the veggies that they grew.  My hope is that my veggie project is being reinforced to my 6 year old.  Hopefully, he will be fit for life!

What is also exciting is that vegetarian options are becoming wide spread in school systems across the country.  I ran across a wonderful story from New York where they stopped serving meat and the children LOVE it!  Read more:  Queens school that went vegetarian shows student gains

No comments:

Post a Comment