Friday, November 1, 2013

My confession: I have an obsession with Kale!

I love, love.love KALE!  I think I eat it every day!  My favorite way to eat Kale is RAW!!  Honestly, I didn't even know you could eat raw Kale.  Did you know you can even eat raw Collards?  (Maybe, I will try it someday!)

I just started experimenting with different salads.  The trick to a successful raw Kale salad is to lovingly massage the greens first!  You can massage the greens with coconut oil, olive oil, or lemon juice.

One of my favorite salads I created is what I eat for breakfast!  I use the following:

Lacinato (Dinosaur) Kale
Strawberries
Coconut Flakes
Coconut Oil
Lemon Juice
and a Sprinkle of Coconut sugar!
Lacinato Kale has a soft and smooth texture.  It is perfect for a veggie breakfast.  Sometimes I would ad quinoa also.

I am also addicted to Kale chips!  They are crunchy alternative to the potato chips.  And the best thing is that my kids enjoy them too!  (I just didn't tell them what they were really eating!)






No comments:

Post a Comment